CureApp, Inc. and Sawai Group Holdings Co., Ltd. enter into a development and marketing license agreement for a DTx*1 solution in the NASH field

 CureApp, Inc. (Head Office: Chuo-ku, Tokyo; CEO: Kohta Satake, hereafter, “the Company”) entered into a license agreement with Sawai Group Holdings Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Yodogawa-ku, Osaka; Representative Director and President: Kazuhiko Sueyoshi, hereafter, “the Sawai Group”) for the development and marketing of a DTx solution (hereafter, “the app”) in the NASH (Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis) field.

 With the conclusion of this agreement, the Sawai Group obtains exclusive rights concerning the development and marketing of the app indicated for the treatment of NASH.

 Under this agreement, the Company is set to receive up to 10.5 billion yen in total in the form of a lump sum contractual payment, and as additional payments for milestones reached based on future clinical development progress and sales targets. After launch, the Company plans to introduce the app at medical institutions via its proprietary app prescription service (APS).

*1 Abbreviation of Digital Therapeutics. Software-driven therapeutics.



Potential for DTx in the NASH field

 
 NASH is known to exacerbate liver cirrhosis and liver cancer, and a future increase in liver cancers caused by NASH is a matter of pressing concern. NASH primarily develops in obese patients, and there is thought to be some two million NASH patients in Japan today (with a further 10 million people prime candidates to develop the condition in the future)*2. However, currently, the main focus is on daily lifestyle guidance, including diet and exercise therapy for weight loss.


 Further, even if outpatients get the proper guidance, a strict diet and exercise regimen has proved difficult for patients to maintain through their own efforts. To this end, app-based solutions are hoped to provide a promising treatment solution for NASH based on the anticipated effect of having the app notify patients of a daily behavior therapy regimen that is tailored to their needs while providing a visual guide as to the patient’s status, maximizing the effect of behavior therapy without placing undue burden on the patient or medical practitioners.

 In addition, the realization of a weight-loss therapy through cognitive and behavioral improvements on the part of the patient is not only expected to help prevent liver cirrhosis and liver cancer caused by NASH, but also to contribute to reducing healthcare costs in Japan.


 Single-site clinical research on the app began in October 2016 between the Company and the University of Tokyo Hospital, before joint clinical research efforts expanded to encompass multiple sites in April 2018. Research has shown that this cognitive behavioral therapy app has a clear effect on reducing weight and improving hepatic fibrosis. Looking ahead, we will proceed with Phase III clinical trials based on the data accumulated from the preceding trials.
*2 Journal of Japanese Society of Gastroenterology 2011;108:1161―1169(https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/nisshoshi/108/7/108_7_1161/_article/-char/ja)




About CureApp, Inc.

 CureApp. Inc. is a MedTech venture that conducts research and development into the creation of medical device programs, which apply advanced software technology and medical evidence to treat illnesses, with the intent of manufacturing and distributing them. The Company is hard at work developing “therapeutic apps*” - apps used to treat illnesses - in order to become the first in Japan to establish a new healthcare service centered on “producing a therapeutic effect to treat illnesses using an app”. In August 2020, we received pharmaceutical approval for a DTx treating nicotine dependency – a first for a DTx solution in Japan. This app later included in insurance coverage in December of the same year. Following this, we were the first company in the world to receive pharmaceutical approval in the hypertension field in April 2022.


CureApp’s business activities

Nicotine dependency

Acquired pharmaceutical approval in August 2020; covered by insurance and prescriptions begin in December of the same year

Hypertension

Acquired pharmaceutical approval in April 2022

NASH (Nonalcoholic steato-hepatitis)

Currently in joint development with Sawai Group Holdings /

Undergoing clinical trials with the University of Tokyo Hospital 

Alcohol dependency

App currently in development with the National Hospital Organization Kurihama Medical and Addiction Center / 

Clinical trials underway at the Okayama City General Medical Center, Okayama City Hospital

Cancer

Treatment app for breast cancer patients currently in development with DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED.

Chronic heart failure

App under development with our partners at the YUMINO Medical Corporation


     In addition to the above, we provide mobile health programs for private companies through our “ascure Smoking Cessation Program” and “Specific Health Guidance ascure Smoking Cessation Program”, which leverages the knowledge garnered in the development of these digital therapeutics®︎ for medical institutions. These programs have been implemented at over 230 companies and health insurance societies. Looking ahead, we will look to sequentially rolling out this “Japanese-developed digital health solution” worldwide based on the model established in Japan.



About Sawai Group Holdings Co., Ltd.


 Sawai Group Holdings Co., Ltd. is a pure holding company established in April 2021 in conjunction with the transition of Sawai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. to a holding company structure.

Sawai Pharmaceutical, our core company, manufactures and sells generic pharmaceuticals. With our corporate philosophy of “Always putting healthier lives first,” we will strive to contribute to the health of as many people as possible as a healthcare company.


CureApp, Inc. company profile

Representative Director and President: Kohta Satake
Head Office Address: Kodenma-Cho YS building 4th floor 12-5, Nihonbashi Kodenma-Cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 103-0001
Business activities: Development of Software as a Medical Device (SaMD), mobile health-related services
URL:http://cureapp.co.jp/en/

Comments

  1. 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    TAKE A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME TO READ THIS.
    This is my story and how one person changed my life for good. I lost my job and there was no hope for me. I suffered looking for a job and luckily I came across Mr Mark Toray on a review about Forex, NFT, Binary, and Crypto trade. I borrowed $1000 from a colleague to invest with Mr Mark, thank goodness I made a profit of $10,500 on the first week, reinvested $2000, and cashed out the remaining balance directly to my bank account. I was able to pay my friend, and convinced him to invest as well. all this happens within a week. I'm very grateful to him for helping me manage my trading account. I will advise all of you who want to invest for the future and a better tomorrow should start with Mr Mark Toray. Some might think this is a joke, but a trial won't hurt. Give this a try and come back to thank me after. Contact him via: Telegram: @Mark4toray_fx, Email: Marktoray8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy, I am here to share my testimonies with the general public about what this man called Dr Adodo has just done for me , this man has just brought back my lost Ex husband to me with his great spell, i was married to this man called Steven we were together for a long time and we loved our self's but when i was unable to give he a child for 2 years he left me and told me he can't continue anymore then i was now looking for ways to get him back until a friend of mine told me about this man and gave his contact email (dradodojattotemple@yahoo.com) then you won't believe this when i contacted this man on my problems he prepared this spell cast and bring my lost husband back, and after a month i miss my month and go for a test and the result stated am pregnant am happy today am a mother of a baby girl, thank you once again the great Dr Adodo for what you have done for me, if you are out there passing through this same kind of problems you can contact he today on his mail ( dradodojattotemple@yahoo.com) on his Whatspp +18144484537 and he will also help you as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. <<I lost my Job few months ago,my wife left me ,could not get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $2000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $22,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good trade management system. 
For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_fx or Gmail : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The requirements and regulations for obtaining a debt management agency license can vary depending on the state or country in which the agency is located. In the United States, for example, debt management agencies are regulated by state laws and may require a debt management company license or registration with the state in which they operate. The requirements may include passing a background check, meeting certain financial requirements, and completing training or certification programs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. <Recording success in Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is not just buying and holding till when bitcoin sky-rocks, this has been longed abolished by intelligent traders ,mostly now that bitcoin bull is still controlling the market after successfully defended the $20,000 support level once again and this is likely to trigger a possible move towards $40,000 resistance area However , it's is best advice you find a working strategy by hub/daily signals that works well in other to accumulate and grow a very strong portfolio ahead. I have been trading with Mr Bernie doran daily signals and strategy, on his platform, and his guidance makes trading less stressful and more profit despite the recent fluctuations. I was able to easily increase my portfolio in just 3weeks of trading with his daily signals, growing my 0.9 BTC to 2.9BTC. Mr Bernie’s daily signals are very accurate and yields a great positive return on investment. I really enjoy trading with him and I'm still trading with him, He is available to give assistance to anyone who love crypto trading and beginners in bitcoin investment , I would suggest you contact him on WhatsApp : + 1424(285)-0682 , Gmail : (Bernie.doranfx01) or Telegram : bernie_fx for inquiries , Bitcoin is taking over the world

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, I just want to testify of the wonders of a Crypto Recovery Wizard ( Cybergenie(@)cyberservices(.)com ). I was going on the net as always with the little time I get during my lunch break time being a nurse. A pop-up ad came on my screen which then clicked, it was about Cryptocurrency mining and investment schemes. I read through the ad, it was really convincing as I read multiple reviews from people who had benefited massively from this Crypto scheme. I got interested in it, it was fast, easy, and won't affect my job. My first investment was $2,020.00 BTC which generated a profit of $28,000.00. They always asked me to invest to get to a certain level so I could access my investments till I had invested all I had and was borrowing. I had already invested $ 88,000.00 USDT in total and still wasn't able to withdraw a penny from my investments or profits. I got bored of everything, told them I am no longer interested, and that's the last I heard from them. I was really scared as I thought I had lost my money. I was referred by my co-worker to this programmer, his terms for recovering my lost BTC were conducive and I quickly engaged his services to help me retrieve my BTC. This guy retrieved my lost $88,000.00 totaled without any hassle.

    Lance Brighton...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World’s First Medical Device Regulatory Approval of Digital Therapeutic App for Hypertension

CureApp SC, Digital Therapeutic for Nicotine Addiction: Introducing a New Form of App-based Prescription Treatment Reimbursed in Japan’s Public Healthcare Insurance System

【Publication information】"Digital Therapeutics will Become a Major Treatment Option in the Future: Kohta Satake, CEO of CureApp."